Please browse our News feeds below for the most up to date information concerning our cause.
The Ocean Conservancy News
- Thu, 09 Jul 2020 12:00:05 +0000: New Plan will Jeopardize the Arctic Coast - Ocean Conservancy
Trump administration’s new plan will slash protections and open 82% of Reserve to oil and gas leasing
- Wed, 08 Jul 2020 21:17:18 +0000: Plastics Epidemic - Ocean Conservancy
Let's not waste the opportunity to tackle waste
- Wed, 08 Jul 2020 12:00:35 +0000: What Does the New Workplace Discrimination Ruling Have to Do with Climate Change? - Ocean Conservancy
The court may have just opened a door to confront another injustice of our time
The post What Does the New Workplace Discrimination Ruling Have to Do with Climate Change? appeared first on Ocean Conservancy.
- Tue, 07 Jul 2020 12:00:29 +0000: Will You Help Us by Voting for Your Favorite Photos? - Ocean Conservancy
Voting is now open 📸
The post Will You Help Us by Voting for Your Favorite Photos? appeared first on Ocean Conservancy.
- Mon, 06 Jul 2020 12:00:47 +0000: Meet the Striped Pyjama Squid - Ocean Conservancy
They’re small. They’re striped. They’re not squid.
The Open Channels News
- Tue, 10 Dec 2019 18:46:44 +0000: OC Overview for the week of 09 December 2019 - OpenChannels News
Adventurers cross Arctic Ocean on skis despite thinning ice
Seychelles: The island nation with a novel way to tackle climate change
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 20:16:42 +0000: Webinar: Marine Genetic Resources: Building Capacities for Ocean Governance - OpenChannels News
Marine Genetic Resources: Building Capacities for Ocean Governance
17 December 2019 at 4 pm – 5.30 pm (CET / UTC +1)
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 18:24:05 +0000: Submit a nomination for the Ocean Awards 2020 - OpenChannels News
Through the Ocean Awards, we aim to highlight the plight of our oceans and to celebrate and aid the pioneering individuals who are bringing about change.
The nomination process for 2020 will open at the Awards ceremony on Monday 10 June and remain open until Friday 13 December 2019
- Tue, 03 Dec 2019 22:05:41 +0000: OC Overview for the week of 02 December 2019 - OpenChannels News
What can be saved? Sanctuaries safeguard the seas
Call for Australia to show Unesco it's 'walking the walk' on Great Barrier Reef
- Mon, 25 Nov 2019 21:30:29 +0000: OC Overview for the week of 25 November 2019 - OpenChannels News
The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution News
- Fri, 26 Jun 2020 14:02:32 +0000: WHOI Researcher Dives to Challenger Deep - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Ying-Tsong Lin is the 12th person in history and the first person of Asian descent to visit ocean’s deepest seafloor…
- Fri, 05 Jun 2020 16:26:59 +0000: WHOI researchers head back to sea after “pause” in research expeditions - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
After ten weeks of preparation, nine science team members from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) will depart on the R/V Neil Armstrong from Woods Hole, MA on Sunday 7 June 2020 for an 11-day expedition to service the Pioneer Array, a collection of ocean observing equipment off the New England coast, 55 miles south of Martha’s Vineyard.
- Thu, 04 Jun 2020 20:37:36 +0000: Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Elects New Trustees and Corporation Members - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
The Board of Trustees of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) announced today the election of two new trustees and nine…
- Wed, 27 May 2020 13:56:35 +0000: Fishing less could be a win for both lobstermen and endangered whales - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
A new study found that New England’s historic lobster fishery may turn a higher profit by operating with less gear in the water and a shorter season, which could also benefit endangered North Atlantic right whales.
- Mon, 18 May 2020 22:35:56 +0000: Ocean explorer and filmmaker James Cameron to host virtual event on Extreme Ocean Machines - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
On May 20, ocean explorer and world-renowned filmmaker James Cameron will host a special edition of Ocean Encounters, a popular virtual event series from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.