Please browse our News feeds below for the most up to date information concerning our cause.
The Ocean Conservancy News
- Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:00:29 +0000: The Roadmap That Supports a Plastics Free Ocean - Ocean Conservancy
Ocean Conservancy joins activators to create a circular economy for plastics
- Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:42:32 +0000: Vote for Your Favorite Photo 📸 - Ocean Conservancy
Tell us what you want … what you really, really want
- Thu, 10 Jun 2021 15:48:50 +0000: Dive Into the For the People Act - Ocean Conservancy
Learn the significance of this critical voting legislation for our ocean
- Tue, 08 Jun 2021 12:00:09 +0000: Our Ocean is for All - Ocean Conservancy
This World Ocean Day, we’re reflecting on all the different ways the ocean means different things to different people
- Mon, 07 Jun 2021 21:21:23 +0000: 10 Moving Quotes About Our Ocean - Ocean Conservancy
There's nothing quite like our ocean when it comes to sources of inspiration
The Open Channels News
The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution News
- Wed, 16 Jun 2021 18:32:21 +0000: Underwater robot offers new insight into mid-ocean “twilight zone” - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Woods Hole, MA (June 16, 2021) -- An innovative underwater robot known as Mesobot is providing researchers with deeper insight…
- Wed, 16 Jun 2021 13:35:02 +0000: Icebergs drifting from Canada to Southern Florida - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
A newly developed iceberg computer model helped the researchers understand the timing and circulation of meltwater and icebergs through the global oceans during glacial periods, which is crucial for deciphering how past changes in high-latitude freshwater forcing influenced shifts in climate.
- Tue, 08 Jun 2021 11:04:10 +0000: First Global Statistical Analysis of Harmful Algal Blooms - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
International study finds no worldwide trend in blooms, but significant increases in some regions and of certain species, pointing to…
- Mon, 07 Jun 2021 16:48:15 +0000: Papers Explore Massive Plankton Blooms with Very Different Ecosystem Impacts - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Two papers explore the distribution and abundance of plankton and what conditions lead to big plankton blooms with vastly different potential impacts on the ecosystem.
- Thu, 27 May 2021 11:45:07 +0000: Some Forams Could Thrive with Climate Change, Metabolism Study Finds - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Oceanic deoxygenation is increasingly affecting marine ecosystems. A new paper that examines two foram species found that they demonstrated great metabolic versatility to flourish in hypoxic and anoxic sediments where there is little or no dissolved oxygen, inferring that the forams’ contribution to the marine ecosystem will increase with the expansion of oxygen-depleted habitats.