Please browse our News feeds below for the most up to date information concerning our cause.
The Ocean Conservancy News
- Wed, 25 Nov 2020 13:01:07 +0000: To the Ocean Defenders in the U.S. Federal Government, with Gratitude - Ocean Conservancy
Join us in saying thanks to those who work for the ocean every day
The post To the Ocean Defenders in the U.S. Federal Government, with Gratitude appeared first on Ocean Conservancy.
- Tue, 24 Nov 2020 13:55:51 +0000: Senate Releases NOAA Funding Bill - Ocean Conservancy
Senate bill makes targeted investments for our ocean
- Mon, 23 Nov 2020 11:00:45 +0000: An Ocean of Gratitude - Ocean Conservancy
2020 has been quite a year—and we have a lot to be thankful for
- Fri, 20 Nov 2020 13:00:01 +0000: Remaining Vigiliant in the Face of COVID-19 - Ocean Conservancy
An update from Ocean Conservancy’s CEO on the continued rise of COVID-19 cases in America
- Thu, 19 Nov 2020 13:00:14 +0000: A Manatee Moment - Ocean Conservancy
Manatees have inspired awe in humans throughout history
The Open Channels News
The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution News
- Wed, 25 Nov 2020 16:00:46 +0000: Scientists call for decade of concerted effort to improve understanding of the deep ocean - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
The deep ocean—vast expanses of water and seafloor more than 200 meters (660 feet) below the surface—are globally recognized as…
- Tue, 24 Nov 2020 16:00:54 +0000: WHOI President & Director Dr. Peter de Menocal Recognized as AAAS Fellow - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Dr. Peter de Menocal, President and Director of Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution of has been named a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
- Mon, 16 Nov 2020 16:00:00 +0000: Study reconstructs ancient storms to predict changes in a cyclone hotspot - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Intense tropical cyclones are expected to become more frequent as climate change increases temperatures in the Pacific Ocean. But not every area will experience storms of the same magnitude
- Thu, 29 Oct 2020 18:57:36 +0000: First Detailed Oil Sample Analysis Completed from Mauritius Oil Spill - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
When the Japanese bulk carrier MV Wakashio struck a coral reef off the coast of Mauritius on July 25, 2020, and began leaking fuel oil two weeks later, local residents and the international community sprang into action to protect the pristine habitats that fringe the Indian Ocean nation.
- Thu, 29 Oct 2020 04:00:17 +0000: New multi-institutional grant will support a fleet of robotic floats - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
The National Science Foundation approved a $53 million grant to build a global network of chemical and biological sensors that will monitor ocean health.