Please browse our News feeds below for the most up to date information concerning our cause.
The Ocean Conservancy News
- Wed, 23 Sep 2020 12:00:55 +0000: Our Ocean and Climate Change - Ocean Conservancy
Ocean Conservancy CEO, Janis Searles Jones, answers your climate change questions during Climate Week
- Tue, 22 Sep 2020 21:09:54 +0000: Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Her Life and Legacy - Ocean Conservancy
What RBG's passing means for our ocean
- Tue, 22 Sep 2020 13:42:40 +0000: Adapting Our Clean Swell Data Collection App for the Pandemic - Ocean Conservancy
We’ve added eight new trash categories, including PPE, to reflect our new reality
The post Adapting Our Clean Swell Data Collection App for the Pandemic appeared first on Ocean Conservancy.
- Mon, 21 Sep 2020 22:09:05 +0000: 7 Questions about the Arctic Sea Ice Minimum, Answered - Ocean Conservancy
Changes in Arctic sea ice over decades show alarming trends
The post 7 Questions about the Arctic Sea Ice Minimum, Answered appeared first on Ocean Conservancy.
- Fri, 18 Sep 2020 17:59:11 +0000: Reduce, Manage and Clean-up - Ocean Conservancy
New global study shows we need every strategy to reduce plastic pollution in the ocean
The Open Channels News
The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution News
- Mon, 21 Sep 2020 11:00:55 +0000: Studies investigate marine heatwaves, shifting ocean currents - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
North America experienced a series of dangerous heatwaves during the summer of 2020, breaking records from coast to coast. In the ocean, extreme warming conditions are also becoming more frequent and intense.
- Thu, 10 Sep 2020 16:19:10 +0000: The $500 billion question: what’s the value of studying the ocean’s biological carbon pump? - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
A new study puts an economic value on the benefit of research to improve knowledge of the biological carbon pump and reduce the uncertainty of ocean carbon sequestration estimates.
- Thu, 27 Aug 2020 14:00:22 +0000: Ocean acidification causing coral ‘osteoporosis’ on iconic reefs - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Scientists have long suspected that ocean acidification is affecting corals’ ability to build their skeletons, but it has been challenging…
- Wed, 26 Aug 2020 09:00:38 +0000: WHOI Announces D’Works Marine Technology Initiative for Massachusetts Startups and Entrepreneurs - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Massachusetts has long been known as a center of invention and technical innovation and, more recently, has gained attention for…
- Fri, 07 Aug 2020 09:00:28 +0000: Florida Current is Weaker Now Than at Any Point in the Past Century - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
A key component of the Gulf Stream has markedly slowed over the past century—that’s the conclusion of a new research…