Please browse our News feeds below for the most up to date information concerning our cause.
The Ocean Conservancy News
- Mon, 01 Jun 2020 13:34:13 +0000: What’s the Deal with Garden Eels? - Ocean Conservancy
Meet the garden eel—small, shy and lovable
- Thu, 28 May 2020 14:12:54 +0000: Why International Sewage Regulations Are 💩 - Ocean Conservancy
97% of ships fail to meet sewage treatment standards
- Wed, 27 May 2020 15:10:33 +0000: The Powerful Impacts of Climate Change on Fisheries - Ocean Conservancy
Reflections of a Gulf of Alaska fishermen amidst the COVID-19 crisis
The post The Powerful Impacts of Climate Change on Fisheries appeared first on Ocean Conservancy.
- Tue, 26 May 2020 18:41:41 +0000: Celebrate National Ocean Month With Us - Ocean Conservancy
Your preview to all the celebrations in store for National Ocean Month
- Fri, 22 May 2020 12:00:13 +0000: What the Wetlands Give Us - Ocean Conservancy
Wetlands are one of the most effective marine resources we have to combat climate change
The Open Channels News
- Tue, 10 Dec 2019 18:46:44 +0000: OC Overview for the week of 09 December 2019 - OpenChannels News
Adventurers cross Arctic Ocean on skis despite thinning ice
Seychelles: The island nation with a novel way to tackle climate change
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 20:16:42 +0000: Webinar: Marine Genetic Resources: Building Capacities for Ocean Governance - OpenChannels News
Marine Genetic Resources: Building Capacities for Ocean Governance
17 December 2019 at 4 pm – 5.30 pm (CET / UTC +1)
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 18:24:05 +0000: Submit a nomination for the Ocean Awards 2020 - OpenChannels News
Through the Ocean Awards, we aim to highlight the plight of our oceans and to celebrate and aid the pioneering individuals who are bringing about change.
The nomination process for 2020 will open at the Awards ceremony on Monday 10 June and remain open until Friday 13 December 2019
- Tue, 03 Dec 2019 22:05:41 +0000: OC Overview for the week of 02 December 2019 - OpenChannels News
What can be saved? Sanctuaries safeguard the seas
Call for Australia to show Unesco it's 'walking the walk' on Great Barrier Reef
- Mon, 25 Nov 2019 21:30:29 +0000: OC Overview for the week of 25 November 2019 - OpenChannels News
The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution News
- Wed, 27 May 2020 13:56:35 +0000: Fishing less could be a win for both lobstermen and endangered whales - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
A new study found that New England’s historic lobster fishery may turn a higher profit by operating with less gear in the water and a shorter season, which could also benefit endangered North Atlantic right whales.
- Mon, 18 May 2020 22:35:56 +0000: Ocean explorer and filmmaker James Cameron to host virtual event on Extreme Ocean Machines - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
On May 20, ocean explorer and world-renowned filmmaker James Cameron will host a special edition of Ocean Encounters, a popular virtual event series from Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
- Sun, 26 Apr 2020 12:38:29 +0000: North Atlantic right whales are in much poorer condition than their Southern counterparts - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
New research by an international team of scientists reveals that endangered North Atlantic right whales are in much poorer body condition than their counterparts in the southern hemisphere.
- Mon, 20 Apr 2020 14:58:35 +0000: What did scientists learn from Deepwater Horizon? - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Ten years after the Deepwater Horizon explosion caused the largest accidental marine oil spill in history, WHOI marine geochemists Elizabeth Kujawinski and Christopher Reddy review what they— and their science colleagues from around the world—have learned.
- Wed, 15 Apr 2020 18:01:46 +0000: New geochemical tool reveals origin of Earth’s nitrogen - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
A new geochemical tool sheds light on the origin of nitrogen and other volatile elements on Earth, which may also prove useful as a way to monitor the activity of volcanoes