Please browse our News feeds below for the most up to date information concerning our cause.
The Ocean Conservancy News
- Thu, 21 Jan 2021 13:00:45 +0000: Rejoining the Paris Agreement: A Victory for our Ocean - Ocean Conservancy
The Biden administration sends a strong message by prioritizing climate action
The post Rejoining the Paris Agreement: A Victory for our Ocean appeared first on Ocean Conservancy.
- Tue, 19 Jan 2021 23:54:43 +0000: 6 Ocean Priorities for the Biden Administration - Ocean Conservancy
How the new administration can help our ocean
- Fri, 15 Jan 2021 13:00:55 +0000: 7 Fish Folklore Stories From Around the World - Ocean Conservancy
As a source of both food and inspiration—the value of fish is boundless
- Thu, 14 Jan 2021 13:55:24 +0000: Celebrating the Passage of the Save Our Seas 2.0 Act - Ocean Conservancy
We’re savoring the victory and committing to even bolder action
The post Celebrating the Passage of the Save Our Seas 2.0 Act appeared first on Ocean Conservancy.
- Wed, 13 Jan 2021 13:36:03 +0000: Throwing the Ocean Carbon Sink at the Climate Crisis - Ocean Conservancy
Confronting climate change by preserving and enhancing the living ocean carbon sink
The post Throwing the Ocean Carbon Sink at the Climate Crisis appeared first on Ocean Conservancy.
The Open Channels News
The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution News
- Tue, 29 Dec 2020 18:23:26 +0000: Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers Honors WHOI Scientist - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) elected Dana Yoerger as a 2021 fellow for the development of autonomous underwater vehicles for deep-ocean exploration and science.
- Fri, 18 Dec 2020 20:25:29 +0000: CINAR Fellows in Quantitative Fisheries and Ecosystems Science Announced - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
The Cooperative Institute for the North Atlantic Region (CINAR), led by the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, and the Northeast Fisheries…
- Thu, 10 Dec 2020 18:00:00 +0000: WHOI reveals upgrades to iconic submersible Alvin - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
One of the world’s most prolific research submersibles will put 99% of the ocean floor within reach of science community when it relaunches in 2021
- Thu, 03 Dec 2020 17:00:22 +0000: New study takes comprehensive look at marine pollution - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Paper finds ocean pollution is a complex mix of chemicals and materials, primarily land-based in origin, with far-reaching consequences for…
- Wed, 25 Nov 2020 16:00:46 +0000: Scientists call for decade of concerted effort to improve understanding of the deep ocean - News Releases – Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
The deep ocean—vast expanses of water and seafloor more than 200 meters (660 feet) below the surface—are globally recognized as…